RO DBT Blended Learning Course – Level 1
$249.99 Excl Sales Tax
This Level 1- Introduction to Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy course lays the foundations for becoming an RO DBT Clinician. Underlying theories supporting the treatment will be taught that are essential for understanding the treatment itself and for being able to explain the treatment to clients to gain treatment commitment.
Continuing Education Hours: 9
Level 1 On-Demand
What you get
The first level of the RO DBT Blended Learning programme consists of 6 online modules:
- RO DBT: a new evidence-based treatment
- Social Bonds and Self-Control
- The Biosocial Theory for Disorders of Overcontrol
- The RO DBT Neuroregulatory Model
- Assessing Overcontrol
- Introduction to Treatment Structure and Targeting
Each module ends with a quiz. To obtain a certificate of completion, all quizzes must be passed with 80%
Course Instructor: Dr. Thomas Lynch, RO DBT Treatment Developer
Level 1 On-Demand
Entry Requirements: Apart from a professional qualification in a mental health or related field (e.g. psychology, psychiatry, social work, mental health nursing) there are no further prerequisites for the course. Previous training in standard DBT is not a requirement for the RO DBT intensive.
Recommended Reading Materials:
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Theory and Practice for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol (T. Lynch, 2018; published by New Harbinger)
- The Skills Training Manual for Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Clinician’s Guide for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol (T. Lynch, 2018; published by New Harbinger)
These books will be used throughout the training as reference works. You will be able to download the referenced book sections from the lesson materials if you do not (yet) own the textbook or skills manual.
Certificate/Letter of Completion: Once you have completed all the Level 1 course, you will receive a certificate of completion stating the number of CE instructional hours.
Accreditation: we are in the process of applying for accreditation for this course from the American Psychological Association.
Conflicts of interest: We don’t receive any direct commercial support for our training companies Radically Open Ltd and Radically Open Blended Learning. However, Dr. Thomas Lynch, the RO DBT treatment developer and chief RO DBT trainer, receives royalty fees for the RO DBT Textbook and Skills Manual from New Harbinger publishers. He is married to Mrs Erica Smith-Lynch, co-owner and director or Radically Open Ltd.