RO DBT Certificate Courses: see below
RO DBT Resources: 12-month subscription $100
Intended Audience: RO DBT Resources is designed to support learners who are attending or have completed the RO DBT Intensive Training. Contents: RO DBT Resources offers downloads such as templates for the diary card, skills class handouts for clients, and assessment materials. It also gives access to the role-plays shown during the intensive training weeks and there’s a library of links to YouTube videos that can be used to support skills training.
Discounts: we offer a 50% discount to clinicians who have previously attended an RO DBT Intensive Training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the training you have attended and we will send you the link and discount code to apply to your cart.
For RO DBT Intensive Trainings, visit our Training Events Page
For RO DBT Blended Learning Level 1, visit PESI
The RO DBT Blended Learning programme
The RO DBT Blended Learning programme is the equivalent of the RO DBT Intensive Training course, but delivered via on-demand webinars and one 3-day in-person workshop.
The RO DBT Blended Learning programme consists of 3 levels:
- Level 1: 6 on-demand webinars explaining the basics of RO DBT. These are delivered via www.pesi.com
- Level 2: +/- 15 on-demand webinars going into more detail about how to deliver RO DBT effectively
- Level 3: one 3-day in-person workshop teaching specific RO DBT skills
All three levels will need to be completed in succession to obtain an RO DBT Clinician Certificate.
Level 1 On-Demand Topics
The first level of the RO DBT Blended Learning programme consists of 6 online modules and is delivered via pesi.com:
- RO DBT: a new evidence-based treatment
- Social Bonds and Self-Control
- The Biosocial Theory for Disorders of Overcontrol
- The RO DBT Neuroregulatory Model
- Assessing Overcontrol
- Introduction to Treatment Structure and Targeting
Expected May-June 2020
Level 2 On-Demand Topics
Level 2 of the RO DBT Blended Learning programme is currently being developed, but will contain the following topics:
- Radical Openness
- Therapeutic Use of Micro-Mimicry
- The Key Mechanism of Change
- Therapeutic Use of Social Signaling
- RO DBT Treatment Structure
- Orientation and Commitment in RO DBT
- Alliance Ruptures
- The OC Subtypes
- Behavioral Principles
- Therapeutic Teasing
- Managing Pushbacks and Don’t Hurt Me’s
- Treatment Targeting
- Chain Analysis
- RO DBT Skills Training
Expected November 2020
Level 3 Workshop
Once you have completed Levels 1 and 2, you will need to attend a 3-day workshop if you wish to obtain the RO DBT Clinician Certificate.
The workshop will consist of practical exercises and role-plays to consolidate your learning from Levels 1 and 2.
You will practice how to
- effectively deliver the RO DBT scripts,
- recognize maladaptive social signaling,
- do a chain analysis,
- repair an alliance rupture,
- use teasing as a therapeutic tool, and
- manage maladaptive behavior, both in individual therapy as well as RO Skills Class.
The workshop will be very interactive, full audience participation is expected.
The exact locations of the workshops will be announced once Level 2 has been launched.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between the RO DBT Intensive Training and the RO DBT Blended Learning programme?
The content in an Intensive training and the 3 levels of the Blended Learning programme is the same – the difference is the way in which the material is delivered. The Intensive training consists of 2×5 days in-person workshops, while the Blended Learning programme consists of on-demand webinars (Levels 1 and 2) and one 3-day workshop (Level 3). Both types of training provide you with the skills to practice RO DBT as a clinician and will result in an RO DBT Clinician Certificate.
2. Is Level 1 of the Blended Learning programme the same as a one-day introductory training?
No, these are not the same. Level 1 contains more in-depth teaching and is the equivalent of the first day or so of the Intensive training, whereas a one-day introductory training is designed to give attendees an idea of what RO DBT is and who it is for.
3. Is the Blended Learning programme a certification course?
No, not in the sense that you may be used to from other treatment modalities such as standard DBT. You will receive a certificate of completion after levels 1, 2 and 3. The three certificates together have the same merit and value as the certificates of attendance for parts 1 and 2 of the intensive training.
4. Is there an RO DBT Certification course?
Not yet. We will be developing a more formal certification pathway over the next year or so and will announce this once it’s ready.