Course length: 7 hours 1 minute
CE credits: 7
Created/launched: October 2021
Description: This course consists of 5 webinars that focus on conducting chain and solution analyses in RO DBT:
- Effective Use of RO DBT Diary Cards: In this webinar Dr Lynch teaches you how to effectively use RO DBT cards, which are used to set the stage for chain and solution analyses later on in session. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Chain and Solution Analysis Part 1: In this webinar Dr Lynch teaches you how to conduct the first three steps of the chain and solution analysis, using a case example and videos. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 16 minutes
- Chain and Solution Analysis Part 2: Using video demonstrations and a case example, Dr Lynch teaches you how to conduct steps 4 and 5 of the chain and solution analysis, i.e., identifying the links in the chain and the consequences of the problem behavior. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- Chain and Solution Analysis Part 3: Using video demonstrations and a case example, Dr Lynch teaches you how to conduct step 6 of the chain and solution analysis, i.e., to identify the most maladaptive link(s) in the chain to target and to find solutions for these links that the client can use to help prevent future problem behavior. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 27 minutes
- Chain and Solution Analysis Part 4: This is the final part of four lessons focusing on how to conduct a Chain & Solution Analysis the RO DBT way. In this lesson Dr Lynch introduces the RO DBT social signaling solution analysis protocol and addresses solutions for other problem links. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 26 minutes
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Use the diary card to identify the most relevant problem behavior that occurred in the past week that will be the focus of a chain and solution analysis.
- List the three most common errors that therapists make when identifying the social signal that should be targeted during the chain and solution analysis.
- Rank order the six steps of the RO DBT chain and solution analysis protocol.
- Determine the relevance of the maladaptive social signaling behavior for the chain analysis.
- Identify contributing factors and the prompting event that triggered the maladaptive behavior.
- Identify all relevant links in a chain analysis that lead to a client’s problem behavior.
- Formulate reinforcers and long-term negative consequences of problem behaviors identified in the chain analysis.
- Identify the most maladaptive link(s) in the chain that you will focus on for solution analysis.
- Formulate and demonstrate effective solutions to help your client modify their behavior to prevent future problems.
- Use a script to teach your client how to out themselves to enhance intimacy with another person.
- Use the Awareness Continuum when expressing opinions about the other person’s intentions, in order to take responsibility for your perceptions.
- Use the 12 questions from Flexible-Mind ADOPTS to help determine whether to accept or decline feedback.
- Use the ‘RO DBT Social Signaling Solution Analysis Protocol’ to teach a client how to apply solutions to the maladaptive links you have identified during the chain analysis.
- Rank order the most effective solutions for enhancing your clients’ social connectedness.
Certificate/Letter of Completion: To obtain a certificate of completion you must view all videos, answer at least 80% of the quiz questions correctly and complete the online evaluation form. You will be able to download your certificate of completion stating 7 CE credits immediately via your account on the website. Please note: ACE and APA credit is not awarded for prerequisite reading, homework, assignments, supervision, and consultation.
Accreditation: we are accredited by the American Psychological Association and the Approved Continuing Education board of the Association of Social Work Boards.
Conflicts of interest: We don’t receive any direct commercial support for our training company RO DBT Online B.V. However, Dr. Thomas Lynch, the RO DBT treatment developer and chief RO DBT trainer, receives royalty fees for the RO DBT Textbook and Skills Manual from New Harbinger publishers. He is married to Mrs Erica Smith-Lynch, co-owner and director or Radically Open Ltd and RO DBT Online B.V.
Tip: You can download a Syllabus with a full list of all webinars, durations, and homework assignments here