Course length: 4 hours 9 minutes
CE credits: 4
Description: This course consists of 3 webinars that focus on three ways in which treatment targeting can be applied in RO DBT.
Understanding Overcontrolled Subtypes: In this webinar Dr Lynch explains the differences between the two overcontrolled subtypes, overly agreeable and overly disagreeable, how you can recognize these subtypes in your clients, and how to make use of this knowledge for treatment targeting. Webinar Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Using OC Themes to Maximize Treatment Targeting: In this webinar 28 Dr Lynch teaches you how to use the OC themes to guide your treatment targeting in RO DBT using a step-by-step protocol and video examples. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 37 minutes
Targeting Maladaptive Social Signaling In-Session: In this webinar Dr Lynch teaches you how to use the in-session targeting (aka the ‘yawn’) protocol to target maladaptive social signaling that occurs in-session. Webinar Duration: 1 hour and 26 minutes
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Differentiate the overly agreeable from the overly disagreeable overcontrolled subtype.
- Select individualized homework tasks to target clients’ problems using their overcontrolled subtype as a guide.
- Match social signaling targets with valued-goals for social connectedness
- Identify social signaling targets that interfere with the establishment and maintenance of long-term close social bonds in order to create “a life worth sharing”
- Use the Step-by-Step protocol for Formal Treatment Targeting with OC Social Signaling Themes
- Use the Protocol for Identifying Maladaptive OC Social Signaling Targets In-Session
Recommended Reading Materials:
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Theory and Practice for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol (T. Lynch, 2018; published by New Harbinger)
- The Skills Training Manual for Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Clinician’s Guide for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol (T. Lynch, 2018; published by New Harbinger)
These books will be used throughout the training as reference works.
Certificate/Letter of Completion: To obtain a certificate of completion you must view all videos, answer at least 80% of the quiz questions correctly and complete the online evaluation form. You will be able to download your certificate of completion stating 4 CE credits immediately via your account on the website. Please note: ACE and APA credit is not awarded for prerequisite reading, homework, assignments, supervision, and consultation.
Accreditation: we are accredited by the American Psychological Association and the Approved Continuing Education board of the Association of Social Work Boards.
Conflicts of interest: We don’t receive any direct commercial support for our training company RO DBT Online B.V. However, Dr. Thomas Lynch, the RO DBT treatment developer and chief RO DBT trainer, receives royalty fees for the RO DBT Textbook and Skills Manual from New Harbinger publishers. He is married to Mrs Erica Smith-Lynch, co-owner and director or Radically Open Ltd and RO DBT Online B.V.
Tip: You can download a Syllabus with a full list of all webinars, durations, and homework assignments here