This course ‘Effective Treatment Structuring in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy’ is part of the larger Level 2 RO DBT Blended Learning Course. Completion of this course and other Level 2 courses is required to obtain a full certificate of completion for Level 2.
Entry Requirements: You must have completed Level 1 of the RO DBT Blended Learning Course or have attended Part 1 of an Intensive Training course.
In this webinar Dr. Lynch gives very practical and hands-on advice on how to effectively structure RO DBT individual treatment. As mentioned in Level 1, sequencing is very important in RO DBT, as well as delivery of the scripts taught during the orientation and commitment phase. Dr. Lynch will cover all the essential elements of sessions 1 to 4 in detail, as well as the agenda structure for the working phase of treatment, sessions 5 to 30+.
Webinar Duration: 2 hours & 12 minutes
CE credits: 2
- Use the RO DBT scripts to orient your client to the treatment and ensure your client is committed to starting treatment
- Use the RO DBT manual to sequence your individual treatment sessions and set up your treatment room the ‘RO DBT way’
- Structure your individual treatment sessions during the working phase of treatment according to the RO DBT agenda template
- Apply the ‘Preventing Treatment Dropout Protocol’ to reduce the risk of the client dropping out of treatment
Recommended Reading Materials:
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Theory and Practice for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol (T. Lynch, 2018; published by New Harbinger)
- The Skills Training Manual for Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Clinician’s Guide for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol (T. Lynch, 2018; published by New Harbinger)
These books will be used throughout the training as reference works.
Certificate/Letter of Completion: To obtain a certificate of completion you must view all videos, answer at least 80% of the quiz questions correctly and complete the online evaluation form. You will be able to download your certificate of completion stating 2 CE credits immediately via your account on the website. Please note: ACE and APA credit is not awarded for prerequisite reading, homework, assignments, supervision, and consultation.
Accreditation: we are accredited by the American Psychological Association and the Approved Continuing Education board of the Association of Social Work Boards.
Conflicts of interest: We don’t receive any direct commercial support for our training company RO DBT Online B.V. However, Dr. Thomas Lynch, the RO DBT treatment developer and chief RO DBT trainer, receives royalty fees for the RO DBT Textbook and Skills Manual from New Harbinger publishers. He is married to Mrs Erica Smith-Lynch, co-owner and director or Radically Open Ltd and RO DBT Online B.V.
Tip: You can download a Syllabus with a full list of all webinars, durations, and homework assignments here